Monday, January 21, 2013

Galway: A Walking Tour

     Here I am again! I want to start off by apologizing for the lack of pictures I actually have of Galway. It started raining on our walking tour, and I really dislike the thought of going into town, by myself, and being an uber tourist taking pictures of everything. The ones I have now will hopefully tide you over until I can do that though.

Massive Pipe Organ
     So as I mentioned last time, Galway is awesome. For our walking tour Dermot took us around the the whole city showing us points of interest, and wearing our feet out. One of the first points we made it to was the Galway Cathedral, which was absolutely spectacular.  
   

 It was giant on the inside, as you can see from this poorly taken photo. We ended up wandering around here for a good 20 minutes before Dermot rounded us up.
This was one of the more well lit ones while we
 were there









There were giant stained glass inserts everywhere one would fit depicting various bible stories, or what have you







A view from the steps of the church back toward the city. The River Corrib runs through here as well and seems to be within spitting distance of everywhere.








BIRDS!



 Consequently, there are water birds EVERYWHERE. They have no shame. Pigeons also.



Sculpture representing sails of ships in Eyre Square

One of the billion or so pubs scattered around the city


 Well the formatting is not being cooperative, but we
will preserver. The last few pictures are a view across the bay at the rest of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment